Narcís Parés i Burguès
Narcís Parés is a Tenure Associate Professor in the ICT Department (DTIC) of Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
His background is: PhD in Audiovisual Communication -specialized in Virtual Reality- (UPF), MSc in Image Processing and Artificial Intelligence (UAB) and BSc in Computer Engineering (UPC).
He is co-creator and coordinator of the Interdisciplinary Master in Cognitive Systems and Interactive Media (UPF).
He has an interest in the possibilities of Full-Body Interaction based on current Embodied Cognition theories in areas such as Learning, Play and Special Needs. This research is undertaken from the standpoint of Interaction Design, Interactive Communication and Interactive Playgrounds, focussing attention mainly on interaction for children and using non-invasive technologies.
- Methods for Interaction Design and Assessment in Full-body Interaction for Learning Experiences.
- Full-body Interaction to foster and facilitate Social Interaction for Children with Special Needs.
- Interactive Playgrounds based on Full-body Interaction to address Play as a Motor and Cognitive Developmental process.
Narcís is also:
- Member of the Steering Committee of the ACM SIGCHI & IFIP International Conference on Interaction Design and Children
- Member of the IFIP TC13 - Human-Computer Interaction, WG 13.9 – Interaction Design and Children
- Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction, Elsevier
- Member of the ACM Society (Number: 1058063)